Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Homemade gifts as of late ...

I've made a lot of homemade gifts lately. Unfortunately I haven't been taking pictures :) Here are a few I managed to capture before I wrapped them:




A scrabble-tile necklace for a little girl starting the first grade:


I let my daughter pick out the picture (in this case, a pink gerbera daisy picture that we found through a google images search) and we put it together on some stretchy fishing cord with some beads. Total project only cost me $2 in supplies since I already had most everything at home :) I love when that happens!



We paired the necklace up with some flower hair clips -- 6 is definetely not too old for some bling and bows in your hair!



My sister-in-law turned 16 this week. This gift was a challenge. Teens love storebought stuff (at least I did when I was a teenager!) and I didn't feel like I could come up with a jewlery/room decor gift that I was sure would fit her style. In the end I went for a "back-to-school" theme and used turqoise/lime green to pull it all together.
Here is a picture of all the goods:
I mod podged a clipboard, some binder clips and a mini notebook with matching scrapbook paper and then got some candy and pens/pencils to match.
I decided to bag everything up in cello bags so it would look less random ;) I think presentation is very important with homemade gifts. I wanted to put it all in a turqoise bucket/basket but I ran out of time, so I think the individual bagging and bag toppers helped :)


I'm working on Christmas gifts and more birthday gifts this month so stay tuned :)







1 comment:

Stefany said...

These are so cute! You are so creative. I finally had a few minutes to catch up on my blog reading and well... I think I am going to be awhile on your blog - soooo many cute ideas!