Wednesday, September 2, 2009

simple gift


I'm a sucker for marketing gimmicks. Call me crazy, but I thought this football inspired Dr. Pepper was the cutest thing ever. I, of course, HAD to buy one for my hubby. Not becuase he loves football (go Cougs!), but possibly becuase he has a secret (very secret) love for Dr. Pepper. And I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to surprise him when he opened his lunch at work.
You'll notice I didn't go all out on a cutesy tag -- I've learned that cutesy is great, but not necessary with my husband. He loves the sentiment more than anything and he isn't likely to gush about all the work that goes into the tag. When you open the tag it says "Hope you have an absolute BALL at work today!! We love you!" I know, totally cheesy right? Sometimes though, a dollar soda and a handmade tag are just the trick to show someone you love them :D (got the soda at Walmart btw)

2 comments:

Jill said...

How cute! I love sweet ideas like this- for kids, for husbands, for friends/family. The tag was perfect too :) Thanks for sharing!

Kathleen said...

I love this idea. I am looking for coach gift ideas for my new blog "Team Mom's Place". This is a forum for Team Moms to share ideas. This is a perfect. I'd like to include it on my page but I'm not sure how just yet. I'm still trying to figure it all out.