Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Recipe

Well, there is no picture to go with this recipe and that is because "No-Bake" cookies look really barfy. In high school my girlfriend and I dubbed them "Poop Bars." Now perhaps that's not completely fair, but the name seemed to fit because I really didn't like how they tasted either.
Yesterday my husband had a craving for some good ol' no-bakes and I had never made them in my life. Since I had no recipe he called his mom and got her recipe. Well, wouldn't you know it was a Sunday and I was out of a couple of her ingredients. Rather than get daring with substitutions I decided to google a recipe.
The results provided a healthy and tasty version that even I could enjoy -- though they still are a little sweet to me :)

(the original site link)

Health-ier No-bake cookies
(** btw, the links in the recipe come from copy and pasting the recipe. I did not put the links there. I think everyone knows what "Skim Milk" or "Sugar" is. No link needed ;)

Ingredients


Directions

  1. Heat milk, sugar and cocoa powder over high heat until boiling, stirring constantly.
  2. Take off heat and stir in vanilla and peanut butter; stir until peanut butter has melted completely.
  3. Stir in wheat germ and oatmeal.
  4. Drop by large spoonfuls onto wax paper or eat immediately.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

YUM! I don't have wheat germ, dang it! These look really good, I'm going to try them...Thanks!