Saturday, November 1, 2008

slacker time

Sorry I've been such a slacker. I didn't even do a Monday recipe this week! Lame, I know. I started this blog and then started some new hobbies and those other hobbies are taking my time now :)
Here is a recipe rundown of all the fun new recipes I've been trying lately. They are all perfect for this time of year:

Pumpkin Muffins. LOVE them. I can't get enough pumpkins from September
through November :)
I've tried a lot of whole grain pumpkin recipes and this one is my favorite -- probably because it has 1 cup of sugar which is more than any other muffin recipe I do :)



2 cups whole wheat flour
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 t. pumpkin pie spice
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup applesuace
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/3 cup buttermilk (I've also used regular milk and it was fine)
2 eggs
1/2 c. chocolate chips, nuts whatever

Preheat oven to 400.
Mix wheat, spices, salt, baking soda and powder. In a separate bowl mix remaining ingredients. Mix them all together. Pour into muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy.




My other favorite recipe is my newly discovered 100% juice gelatin jigglers. Call me clueless, but I had no idea that you could make jigglers or jello or any of that fun stuff using good juice! This year we attempted to make halloween ones using apple juice. The juice looks orange in the bottle, but came out golden yellow in the jigglers. Also, I wouldn't reccomend using apple juice becuase the flavor is to subtle. Something like pomegranate cranberry would work great becuase there is a ton of flavor. This was fun though and a perfect way to use all of those jello molds I have! Oh, just don't wiki what gelatin actually is. It will make it less appetizing.

I would post the recipe here but that would be silly because it is on the back of the box of gelatin! Just go to the store and look in the Jello section for a box of UNFLAVORED gelatin. The brand we bought was Knox. It only takes 4 cups of juice :D

No comments: