Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday recipe`

Ok, Monday has been a busy day and I'm sick of sitting in front of the computer. You'll just have to check back tomorrow to see the **contest winner** and some GREAT new crafts that I've found and can't wait to share!!!
In the meantime here is our fabulous Monday recipe.

Mexican Pizza
Ok, so you've probably seen this at restaurants, but have you ever made it? YUM YUM. We made a version using only what we had at home and my family scarfed it down faster than our traditional veggie pizza.
Here is a list of what we used -- feel free to get creative!

Naan bread (we buy this at Good Earth, it comes 5 to a package and basically looks like mini pizza crusts.)
Cheese
Fresh diced tomatoes
THIN sliced zuchinni (since I always have to disguise veggies whenever possible)
black beans
bean dip (we bought this AMAZING kind from Costco. I can't remember the name, but it is some organic brand that they package with fresh salsa. It has great flavor!)


We spread the bean dip on the bread, layered on our toppings and finished it off with cheese. I baked it at 375 for 10 minutes and they were perfect. I put a little salsa on to finish it off.
If I'd had olives I would have used those too :)

No comments: