Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Not-so-Monday Recipe

Sorry for being a slacker about my Monday recipe! My mom was here and I had too much fun away from the computer :)
Here is a recipe that my mom saw on Martha Stewart and then shared with me. It has a lot of healthy elements and then a HUGE dosing of marshmallows to satisfy anyones sweet tooth :) I had to make the recipe 3 times before I got the consistency I liked, so play around with it to see what works for you:

Non-stick spray
3/4 bag of large marshmallows
3/4 cup natural peanut butter (I think it does make a difference using the natural nut butter because it is more liquidy -- if that's a word ...)
1 box of puffed brown rice cereal (I used the Kashi 7 grain kind that has all different kinds of puffed grains)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2/3 cup chopped pecans
2/3 cup chopped cashews

Coat medium baking sheet. Melt the nuts and marshmallows together in the microwave until melted (try and use the 1 minute then stir method until fully melted). Add cereal and remaining ingredients, stirring gently to combine. Put in pan and let sit until cool. YUM!

No comments: